Lichfields is conveniently located for all that Kumeu and Waimauku has to offer.
The area offers a variety of beautiful wedding venues in unique settings and we’re within 10 minutes of them all.
- Kumeu Valley Estate – 2 mins
- Settlers Country Manor – 3 mins
- Soljans – 10 mins
- Allely Estate – 10 mins
- Markovina – 10 mins
- Gracehill Vineyard Estate – 10 mins
- Bridgewater Country Estate – 10 mins
There’s lots to do locally any time of year. Stay at Lichfields to relax, or take in one of the many activities in the area. Here are some of our recommendations:
- Head for the beach. Muriwai is 12 minutes drive away and has lots to offer, this article sums it up well.
- Learn to surf – to be a true west coaster is to be a surfer. Muriwai Surf School’s instructors are qualified coaches, surf life guards and highly skilled surfers. Everything you need is provided with all ability levels catered for.
- Get on your bike – just 15 mins away is Woodhill Mountain Bike park, with over 100km of purpose-built single track, loaded with over 250 man-made features. Over 100 bikes are available to hire and it’s open all year round. If you prefer your bike petrol powered, The Sandpit is a world class motocross park just 20 mins drive from Lichfields. With trails set amongst 1,000 acres of sand based terrain it offers year round, all weather, off road riding facilities that’s ideal for riders of all levels. If you didn’t pack your bike with you don’t worry, you can hire the bike and the gear to go with it at the park.
- Go off road – the Jeep Woodhill 4wd adventure park is the place to experience what your 4×4’s capable of, over 2000 acres of forest trails provide a variety of terrain for the novice to expert. 4wd hire and guided tours available.